With a combined experience of more than 35 years, team of criminal defense attorneys of MAS Law Firm is here to provide you dedicated, aggressive, honest, and cost effective legal services for your criminal matter. Call or Email to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with our team. Let our experience be on your side to protect your rights!
At MAS Law Firm, our experienced attorneys proudly help clients in a wide-variety of criminal matters. We have helped hundreds of clients over the years who have been criminally accused. Our criminal defense team can help your with:
5 FACTS ABOUT YOUR DWI CHARGE
DALLAS DWI DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
After you’ve been arrested for a DWI, you’ll probably have a lot of questions. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Most DWI defendants ask how they can beat or reduce their charges, and what the legal repercussions may be if they’re convicted. For those arrested with a DWI charge going through the legal process, here are five things you should know:
- You are not guaranteed a public defender - Forget everything you see on television and in the movies, not everyone qualifies to get a public defender. If you’re charged with a felony DWI and you qualify as a low income defendant, you are likely to be assigned representation by a public defender. Regardless of the circumstances, you’re always entitled to ask for a public defender after you’ve been arrested; however, your request doesn’t have to be accepted.
- You may be able to get a DWI charge dismissed - Errors by the officer, such as an improperly calibrated Breathalyzer or an unlawful traffic stop, can help your case when contesting a DWI charge. For instance, if you weren’t speeding or weaving between lanes, but you were still pulled over by the officer for no reason, you may be able to contest whether there was reasonable suspicion to lawfully pull you over in the first place. If there weren’t grounds for you to be stopped, you may be able to get your DWI charge thrown out.
- You could be granted probation instead of jail time - If this is your first DWI offense, you may be able to have your sentence suspended, if no one was harmed by your drunken driving. Probation versus jail time may also be an option if you make a plea bargain with the prosecutor. Remember, you will probably want to consult with a lawyer before signing on to the deal.
- You should be prepared to pay for an ignition interlock to be installed on your vehicle - An ignition interlock device requires you to blow into a tube before your vehicle will power on. If the device detects alcohol on your breath, your vehicle’s engine won’t start for a certain amount of time.
- You may be able to get your DWI charge expunged - If you are granted expungement, your DWI offense will not appear when your future employers, credit issuers, and educational institutions conduct a background check on you.
Handling the stress and complexities of a DWI arrest in Texas on your own can be complicated, and you’ll have many questions specific to your case. An experienced criminal defense and DWI attorney can help you get answers to your questions and aggressively fight for defending your offense.
EXPERIENCED DWI ATTORNEY AVAILABLE FOR FREE CONSULTATION
Our experienced criminal and DWI defense attorney, Ashkan Mehryari has been representing DWI clients in different counties of Texas, including Dallas, Collin, Tarrant, and Denton. In order to protect your rights and your future, Mr. Mehryari is available for a free consultation appointment to discuss your case. Mr. Mehryari has built an outstanding reputation and receives accolades and awards throughout Texas including: “Best Lawyers in Dallas”, D Magazine; 2015, “Top 10 Lawyers for Misdemeanors” and “Star on the Rise Awards”, Dallas’ Best Criminal Defense Lawyers; 2015, and “Top 40 Under 40”, National Trial Lawyers; 2014.
In addition to his many achievements, Mr. Mehryari continues to make a positive difference in his clients’ lives by fighting to protect their future and interests. Mr. Mehryari’s work ethic and professionalism is recognized by his many client testimonies, which display his ability to fight for his clients’ rights inside and outside the court room.
Call us at 972-789-1664, email us at email@example.com, or fill out the form on this page to schedule a free consultation appointment. We offer convenient installment plans and accept all major credit cards.