With a combined experience of more than 35 years, team of criminal defense attorneys of MAS Law Firm is here to provide you dedicated, aggressive, honest, and cost effective legal services for your criminal matter. Call or Email to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with our team. Let our experience be on your side to protect your rights!
At MAS Law Firm, our experienced attorneys proudly help clients in a wide-variety of criminal matters. We have helped hundreds of clients over the years who have been criminally accused. Our criminal defense team can help your with:
Can a Private Citizen Make a Warrantless Arrest in Texas?
Dallas Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers
The following are peace officers:
- Sheriffs, their Deputies, and those Reserve Deputies who hold a Permanent Peace Officer License.
- Constables, Deputy Constables, and all those Reserve Deputy Constables who hold a Permanent Peace Officer License.
- Marshals or Police Officers of an Incorporated city, town, or village, and those reserve Municipal Police Officers who hold a Permanent Peace Officer License.
- Rangers and Officers Commissioned by the Public Safety Commission and the Director of the Department of Public Safety.
- Investigators of the District Attorneys’, Criminal District Attorneys’, and County Attorneys’ Offices.
- Law Enforcement Agents of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Each member of an Arson Investigating Unit commissioned by a city, a county, or the state.
- Officers Commissioned under Section 37.081, Education Code, or Subchapter E, Chapter 51, Education Code
- Officers commissioned by the General Services Commission.
- Law Enforcement Officers commissioned by the Parks and Wildlife Commission.
- Airport Police Officers commissioned by a city with a population of more than one million, that operates an airport that serves Commercial Air Carriers.
- Airport Security Personnel Commissioned as peace officers by the governing body of any political subdivision of this state, other than a city described by Subdivision (11), that operates an airport that serves commercial air carriers.
- Municipal Park and Recreational Patrolmen and Security Officers
- Security Officers Commissioned as Peace Officers by the Comptroller
- Officers commissioned by a Water Control and Improvement district.
- Officers commissioned by a Board of Trustees under Chapter 54, Transportation Code.
- Investigators commissioned by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Officers commissioned by the Board of Managers of the Dallas County Hospital District, the Tarrant County Hospital District, or the Bexar County Hospital District under Section 281.057, Health and Safety Code.
- County Park Rangers commissioned under Subchapter E, Chapter 351, Local Government Code.
- Investigators employed by the Texas Racing Commission.
- Officers commissioned under Chapter 554 Occupations Code.
- Officers commissioned by the governing body of a metropolitan rapid transit authority under Section 451.108, Transportation Code, or by a regional transportation authority under Section.110, Transportation Code.
- Investigators commissioned by the Attorney General under Section 402.009, Government Code
- Security Officers and Investigators commissioned as Peace Officers under Chapter 466, Government Code.
- An Officer employed by the Texas Department of Health under Section 431.2471, Health and Safety Code.
- Officers appointed by an Appellate Court under Subchapter F, Chapter 53, Government Code.
- An Investigator commissioned by the Commissioner of Insurance under Article 1.10D, Insurance Code.
- Apprehension Specialists commissioned by the Texas Youth Commission as officers under Section 61.0931, Human Resources Code.
- Officers appointed by the Executive Director of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice under Section 493.019, Government Code.
- Investigators commissioned by the Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education under Section 1701.60, Occupations Code.
- Commission investigators commissioned by the Texas Commission of Private Security under Section 1702.061(f), Occupations Code.
- The Fire Marshal, and any investigators commissioned by an Emergency Services District to assist that Fire Marshal, under Subchapter F, Chapter 775, Health and Safety Code.
MORE CRIMINAL DEFENSE QUESTIONS
- What to do if you are arrested?
- What is an arrest in Texas?
- Who Can Make an Arrest Under Texas Law as a Peace Officer?